RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Load Postscript dialog help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Load Postscript dialog help Kevin Connor Arpe 20 May 09:41
  Load Postscript dialog help Nickolay V. Shmyrev 20 May 15:24
Kevin Connor Arpe
2007-05-20 09:41:54 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hello,

This is my first posting, so many apologies if I am breaking any informal rules.

The help for the Load Postscript dialog could use some work. I, for one, am a little confused. And, I would like to contribute!

To do this, I need some help for this list. 1. How do I find the author of this dialog? I would to get some quick thoughts on the available features. I'll work this into some readable help text.
2. When I write something, shall I contribute a "patch" to the regular bug list? I'm not 100% on this part. As I understand GNU projects, most of the time small, linear, non-complicated patches are best just mailed whole and have the file manager patch manually. 3. I already have my GNU Free Docs license on file with GNU headquarters in Cambridge. Can I assume this is good enough to contribute to this project's docs?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Connor Arpe -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070520/faeb02dc/attachment.html

Nickolay V. Shmyrev
2007-05-20 15:24:43 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

? ???, 20/05/2007 ? 16:41 +0900, Kevin Connor Arpe ?????:

Hello,

Hello Kevin. Let me try to answer

This is my first posting, so many apologies if I am breaking any informal rules.

The help for the Load Postscript dialog could use some work. I, for one, am a little confused. And, I would like to contribute!

You are welcome!

To do this, I need some help for this list. 1. How do I find the author of this dialog? I would to get some quick thoughts on the available features. I'll work this into some readable help text.

Do you mean the author of dialog itself or it's docs?

Anyhow I suppose it should be rather hard. You can try to search the ChangeLog and commit list and look at the contributors

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/trunk/plug-ins/common/postscript.c?view=log

I suppose it will be easier just to ask question here or on gimp list. Let's hope Sven will clear some trouble too.

2. When I write something, shall I contribute a "patch" to the regular bug list? I'm not 100% on this part. As I understand GNU projects, most of the time small, linear, non-complicated patches are best just mailed whole and have the file manager patch manually.

Well, small patches are better of course. You can send them here for example or attach to the bugzilla. We have a component GIMP-manual on http://bugzilla.gnome.org

3. I already have my GNU Free Docs license on file with GNU headquarters in Cambridge. Can I assume this is good enough to contribute to this proj

It's not required. I hope we aren't that bureaucratic like GNU guys.

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?= Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070520/48a3706c/attachment.bin