RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

tooltips.macgimp.org

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

tooltips.macgimp.org Mat Caughron 02 Mar 10:59
  tooltips.macgimp.org Sven Neumann 03 Mar 03:50
Mat Caughron
2006-03-02 10:59:48 UTC (about 18 years ago)

tooltips.macgimp.org

GIMP Documentors:

Just put up a "tooltips" styled interface to the official GIMP documentation at tooltips.macgimp.org and wanted to let you all know about it. I'd be happy to contribute the little javascripting and html wrangling that went into the page if this would be of any interest to the official documentation project. Essentially, it lets the tool pallette serve as a visual table of contents to any sections of the manual that deal with the tools.

Eager to know of any corrections or improvements that might occur to you.

Best regards,

Mat Caughron

Sven Neumann
2006-03-03 03:50:31 UTC (about 18 years ago)

tooltips.macgimp.org

Hi,

Mat Caughron writes:

Just put up a "tooltips" styled interface to the official GIMP documentation at tooltips.macgimp.org and wanted to let you all know about it. I'd be happy to contribute the little javascripting and html wrangling that went into the page if this would be of any interest to the official documentation project. Essentially, it lets the tool pallette serve as a visual table of contents to any sections of the manual that deal with the tools.

I wonder why you went through the trouble of reimplementing this feature with Javscript and HTML. How is this any more useful than using Shift-F1 on the GIMP toolbox?

Sven