IT IS DONE! GIMP 2.10 is now ready for everyone! [+Windows installer]
It is done! Finally – GIMP 2.10 has been released yesterday after almost 6 years of hard development. It presents itself with a ton of new features and improvements which will – at least for some of you – need some time to learn.
Internally GIMP has been vastly refactored and many parts have been written completely new to use the new GEGL framework. This now bears fruits and brings us so many new improvements that they can’t be listed here easily.
These are the highlights:
- Support for high bit depths
- Multi threading support and hardware acceleration
- Color management is now a core component of GIMP, so that other core stuff can make use of it
- Many new tools and filters: unified Transform tool, Warp-Transform and others
- All GEGL filter have on-canvas previews
- Layer masks for layer groups
- New heavily improved scaling algorithms
- rotating and flipping canvas, symmetrical mainting, myPaint brushes are now supported
- many new image formats are now supported, improved Photoshop file compatibility
- editable meta data of images: Exif, XMP, IPTC, und DICOM.
- new themes and adjustible icon sizes
and much much much more!
An installer for Windows now available. It can be found in our downloads section. For Mac it should follow within a few days.
Until then please find more details on the official website