GIMP 2.8.4 has been released
This work by Richard Hirner is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported terms.
GIMP 2.8.4 has been released, bringing a lot of bug fixes und translation updates.
What’s new in GIMP 2.8.4?
- Move the OSX gimpdir to “~/Library/Application Support”
- Better names for the default filters in save and export
- Make tool drawing (esp. the brush outline) much more responsive
- Remember the “maximized” state across sessions
- Simplify the splash image code a lot, makes it appear immediately again
- Allow the text tool to start on an image without layers
- Various fixes for text style attribute handling
- Set unconfigured input devices to eraser if GTK+ says they are erasers
- Make language selectable in Preferences on OSX
- Make libgimp drawable combo boxes aware of layer groups
- Make sure plug-in windows appear on top on OSX
- Fix item width in GimpPageSelector (used e.g. in PDF import)
- Better default values in the Drop Shadow script
- Fix a whole bunch of bugs in the BMP plug-in
- On OSX, use the system’s screenshot utility
- Add Brazilian-Portuguese translation to the Windows installer
Source and build system:
- Many improvements to the OSX bundle build system
- Support automake 1.13
- Lots of bug fixes
- Lots of translation updates
The source code, Windows and Mac OS X builds are linked from our downloads page.