RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fnord contest, etc. WAS "Simple Radial Lines"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fnord contest, etc. WAS "Simple Radial Lines" Eric Pierce 07 Aug 16:56
Eric Pierce
2003-08-07 16:56:03 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Fnord contest, etc. WAS "Simple Radial Lines"

Not at all, Eric!

I like my script, mostly because I can always write others to perform like tasks.

Where did you learn how to write ps like that? I'd love to learn a little bit myself. Are there any good websites or books that you recommend? Have you ever messed around with xml/svg scripting? I'd like to get into that as well. Too bad it's not widely supported in common browsers.

But... I am just AMAZED by the grid + polar_coord trick.

Yeah, that one works great too. A nice internal method for pulling off the radial lines.

I bet we could just create a "GIMP PUZZLE CONTEST" . The most incredible, and yet feasible, way to draw "fnord" in the GIMP wins.

Hey, good idea! (just learned what 'fnord' is or isn't?) And then each winner's technique could be added to a cool little Fnord repository of short little tutorials (or even script-fu). If I can muster up some time, we could propose something along these lines to the world. I could even host it on my webspace or maybe gimp.org would let us host it there.

(And any postscript would be left out of such a contest - it's not made with the GIMP after all)

Does "photoshop" have got an easier way to draw these "Simple Radial Lines" ?

I don't know. I work with a guy who uses Photoshop, and when I described wanting to make some radial lines for an ad, he thought there might be a way in Photoshop, but I beat him to the punch w/your script.

I remember using Deluxe Paint, in DOS - and there, there was a "symetric mode" one could enable - every stroke was mirrored N times around a common center, or in tiles, and this drawing could be made using that.

Actually, Deluxe Paint, for simple it was, had some features that are not found around in any other program.

Hmm... could be a cool plug-in for Gimp. I wish I knew C.

Good chatting, Eric Pierce