RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

yet another problem in compiling

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

yet another problem in compiling bright.1@virgin.net 02 Aug 15:35
yet another problem in compiling Tom Williams 02 Aug 17:17
20030802175403.0974a267.r.o... 07 Oct 20:15
  yet another problem in compiling bright.1@virgin.net 02 Aug 21:21
bright.1@virgin.net
2003-08-02 15:35:53 UTC (over 20 years ago)

i am trying to recompile gimp-1.2.5.tar.gz, as I had to wipe the system.

I have spent all morning downloading and installing everything, that I can gather from the install script, that is required.

I still get this at the end of the 'make' part.

/usr//bin/ld: cannot find -lslang collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [aa] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/common' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5' make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I've looked at rpmfind for this 'lslang' but no clues are given. I've tried a general search using google, with the clue that it may have something to do with mpeg. Nothing definite though.

As far as '[aa]' is concerned I have made a point of installing all the rpms. The following shows that there there.

[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libaa1 libaa1-1.4.0-0.rc5.5mdk
[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libaa1-devel libaa1-devel-1.4.0-0.rc5.5mdk
[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libaa1-static-devel libaa1-static-devel-1.4.0-0.rc5.5mdk [david@localhost david]$

And the same for mpeg

[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libmpeg2dec0-devel libmpeg2dec0-devel-0.3.1-2mdk
[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libmpeg2dec0 libmpeg2dec0-0.3.1-2mdk

So any clues..........please?!

Tom Williams
2003-08-02 17:17:03 UTC (over 20 years ago)

bright.1@virgin.net wrote:

i am trying to recompile gimp-1.2.5.tar.gz, as I had to wipe the system.

I have spent all morning downloading and installing everything, that I can gather from the install script, that is required.

I still get this at the end of the 'make' part.

/usr//bin/ld: cannot find -lslang collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [aa] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/common' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5' make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I've looked at rpmfind for this 'lslang' but no clues are given. I've tried a general search using google, with the clue that it may have something to do with mpeg. Nothing definite though.

"-l" tells the linker (ld) what library to look for. It will prefix a "lib" in front of the string after the "-l", so "-lslang" means the linker is looking for "libslang". Try searching for "libslang" via Google.

Peace...

Tom

bright.1@virgin.net
2003-08-02 21:21:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Yeah. That worked. Thanks for your help.

Raymond Ostertag wrote:

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 14:35:53 +0100 bright.1@virgin.net wrote:

As far as '[aa]' is concerned I have made a point of installing all the rpms. The following shows that there there.

[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libaa1 libaa1-1.4.0-0.rc5.5mdk
[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libaa1-devel libaa1-devel-1.4.0-0.rc5.5mdk
[david@localhost david]$ rpm -q libaa1-static-devel libaa1-static-devel-1.4.0-0.rc5.5mdk [david@localhost david]$

Same problem here : http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=117014 install libslang1-devel and libgpm1-devel and recompile.

@+