RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to build gimp with aalib?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to build gimp with aalib? Christopher Bergeron 07 Jul 01:56
  how to build gimp with aalib? Sven Neumann 07 Jul 11:42
Christopher Bergeron
2003-07-07 01:56:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hey guys, I think this is an easy question but I can't seem to figure it out. I've googled, read the docs, etc. but I can't figure out how to build Gimp with aalib. I'd like to save my file as an ascii art type file. AA isn't an option in the save menu. I downloaded, compiled and installed aalib (the most recent ver.) and I configured gimp as: configure --with-aa but no adeu. My distro is Slackware 9.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Much thanks in advance, CB

Sven Neumann
2003-07-07 11:42:19 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

Christopher Bergeron writes:

Hey guys, I think this is an easy question but I can't seem to figure it out. I've googled, read the docs, etc. but I can't figure out how to build Gimp with aalib. I'd like to save my file as an ascii art type file. AA isn't an option in the save menu. I downloaded, compiled and installed aalib (the most recent ver.) and I configured gimp as: configure --with-aa but no adeu. My distro is Slackware 9.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

It should be sufficient to have aalib installed with headers in a place where the compiler and linker is able to find it. GIMP's configure script should then detect that aalib is available and enable the build of the plug-in.

You may have to adjust CPPFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS to make the compiler find the aalib headers and to make the linker find the library. The configure output should tell you more exactly where the problem is located. And then there's config.log which has even more details.

Sven