RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Creating thumbnails dynamically

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Creating thumbnails dynamically Alf C Stockton 03 May 17:32
Creating thumbnails dynamically Tom Williams 03 May 17:39
  Creating thumbnails dynamically Alf C Stockton 03 May 17:44
Creating thumbnails dynamically Will Muir 03 May 18:00
Creating thumbnails dynamically Jotapê 03 May 19:59
  Creating thumbnails dynamically Kevin Waterson 03 May 23:00
   Creating thumbnails dynamically Kevin Waterson 03 May 23:39
Alf C Stockton
2003-05-03 17:32:22 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Is there any way that thumbnails of images in a directory could be created dynamically ?

I would like to write a program in C that does this but I need to know what the "create thumbnail" command/function might be.

If necessary I would do a system call but this would mean that I would need a commandline command to do the business.

Any help or suggestions gratefully accepted.

---

Regards, Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za
Certified Linux+ Professional & C Programmer Hire the morally handicapped.

Tom Williams
2003-05-03 17:39:29 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Alf C Stockton wrote:

Is there any way that thumbnails of images in a directory could be created dynamically ?

I would like to write a program in C that does this but I need to know what the "create thumbnail" command/function might be.

If necessary I would do a system call but this would mean that I would need a commandline command to do the business.

There are some thumbnail generation plug-ins available for gimp. Check out the plug-in registry at http://www.gimp.org and find them there.

Good luck!

Peace...

Tom

Alf C Stockton
2003-05-03 17:44:13 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

What I am after is a cgi or similar that I can have running on my website(see signature) and not have to upload both the image and the thumbnail of the image on to the web.

---

Certified Linux+ Professional & C Programmer "Nice boy, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice." -- Foghorn Leghorn

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Tom Williams wrote:

Alf C Stockton wrote:

There are some thumbnail generation plug-ins available for gimp. Check out the plug-in registry at http://www.gimp.org and find them there.

Good luck!

Peace...

Tom

Will Muir
2003-05-03 18:00:38 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

You want to use imagemagick it has language bindings for about every language that you could imagine, it is kind of an unwieldy beast of an app but it works.

Will
----- Original Message -----
To: "'GIMP'"
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 9:32 AM Subject: [Gimp-user] Creating thumbnails dynamically

---

Certified Linux+ Professional & C Programmer Hire the morally handicapped.

Jotapê
2003-05-03 19:59:26 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

You own the webserver ? Because, if you own it, the best shot is to try Imagemagik, it's not hard to create thumbs using it. But, if you do not own the server, try libjpeg, libpng, etc.

----- Original Message ---

Kevin Waterson
2003-05-03 23:00:00 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

This one time, at band camp, Alf C Stockton wrote:

What I am after is a cgi or similar that I can have running on my website(see signature) and not have to upload both the image and the thumbnail of the image on to the web.

I wrote a quicky php script for this. Download from http://www.phpro.org

Kevin

Kevin Waterson
2003-05-03 23:39:14 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

This one time, at band camp, Kevin Waterson wrote:

I wrote a quicky php script for this. Download from http://www.phpro.org

Of course you need PHP 4.3.1 for this to work

Kind regards Kevin