RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Paste into mask works manually but not in script

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Paste into mask works manually but not in script Mark Rubin 02 Feb 01:36
Mark Rubin
2003-02-02 01:36:12 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Paste into mask works manually but not in script

I searched the archives for this, but can't find an answer.

I have a script which needs to make a layer mask in the shape of some antialiased text. I've tried many different ways, and now have something that works except for one crucial step. The step works if done manually in the GIMP, but not if done via the script.

After the successful part of the script runs, I have the following layers:

text layer
middle layer
background

The middle layer is active, and its mask is active.

At this point the script has copied the text layer using gimp-edit- copy. If I manually do Edit->Paste in the image window and click the anchor icon in the Layers dialog it does what I want: It copies the antialised text into the middle layer's mask.

However, if I try to do the same thing in the script using gimp-edit- paste and gimp-floating-sel-anchor, the text always goes into the middle layer's image (not its mask). It even does this if I do the gimp-edit-paste in the script and the anchor manually.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I'm using Gimp-Python (pygimp-1.2) for scripting, so a bug could be there or in the GIMP (gimp-1.2.3) itself.

Any suggestions welcome.

===== --
MARK
markrubn@yahoo.com

___