RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Using C-Source exported images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Using C-Source exported images Chris Empson 11 Aug 14:26
  Using C-Source exported images Ayose 11 Aug 16:33
  Using C-Source exported images Carol Spears 12 Aug 01:43
   Using C-Source exported images Carol Spears 12 Aug 01:54
   Using C-Source exported images Carol Spears 12 Aug 02:10
Chris Empson
2002-08-11 14:26:07 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a good tutorial on how to use images exported from GIMP as C-Source in OpenGL programs?

I want to display an image of a gradient created in GIMP as a 2D bitmap, but I'm not sure how to load the image data from the C-Source file. I think I need to use the glDrawPixels function, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris Empson

Ayose
2002-08-11 16:33:59 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 12:26:07PM +0000, Chris Empson wrote:

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a good tutorial on how to use images exported from GIMP as C-Source in OpenGL programs?

I want to display an image of a gradient created in GIMP as a 2D bitmap, but I'm not sure how to load the image data from the C-Source file. I think I need to use the glDrawPixels function, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

Have you tried gdk-pixbuf-csource(1) ?

Carol Spears
2002-08-12 01:43:46 UTC (over 21 years ago)

have you tried the AA plug-in?

i have never worked with that option, but i find many of the aa options are fairly self explanatory once you start working with it.

two things. 1) the AA plug-in will only build if you have the aalib and configure finds it.
2) it will only work on grayscale images and
2.5) Ximian doesn't build their gimp with this plug-in.

good luck!

let me know how it goes ...

carol

On 2002-08-11 at 1226.07 +0000, Chris Empson typed this:

Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance,

Chris Empson

Carol Spears
2002-08-12 01:54:05 UTC (over 21 years ago)

okay, the C-Source wasn't in the list of options. i don't know where i have seen that. sorry to waste everyones time.

carol

On 2002-08-11 at 1943.46 -0400, Carol Spears typed this:

have you tried the AA plug-in?

i have never worked with that option, but i find many of the aa options are fairly self explanatory once you start working with it.

two things. 1) the AA plug-in will only build if you have the aalib and configure finds it.
2) it will only work on grayscale images and
2.5) Ximian doesn't build their gimp with this plug-in.

good luck!

let me know how it goes ...

carol

On 2002-08-11 at 1226.07 +0000, Chris Empson typed this:

Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance,

Chris Empson

Carol Spears
2002-08-12 02:10:10 UTC (over 21 years ago)

last mail from me, sorry.

C-Source is an option in the Save As Dialog. It prolly will not help you as it "makes" them.

here is a screenshot of the dialog: http://carol.gimp.org/~carol/screens/treva3/csource-dialog.png

and here is a file i save with it (a mondrain) http://carol.gimp.org/~carol/screens/treva3/comp-3.c

it takes rgb images (not grayscale) and the "image" can be opened with a text editor (not unlike xpm)

sorry for all of my confusion

carol