RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script-Fu Question about Saving Image to Network Share

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script-Fu Question about Saving Image to Network Share Tony Freeman 10 Mar 18:58
  Script-Fu Question about Saving Image to Network Share Sven Neumann 10 Mar 19:06
  Script-Fu Question about Saving Image to Network Share GSR - FR 10 Mar 19:29
Tony Freeman
2007-03-10 18:58:19 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hello,

I'm writing a script-fu for use in my office. The idea is to reduce the amount of steps the user needs to take in order to save an acquired screenshot to our website.
*The problem I am having is that I cannot seem to save a file to an smb:// type address. This is the error I get when testing:

*[error] *Could not open 'smb://ldad_images/screenshots/web-image.png' for writing: No such file or directory Error while executing
(script-fu-Send-to-Web 1 "smb://ldad_images/screenshots/" "web-image.png") ERROR: Procedural database execution failed: (file_png_save2 1 1 5 "smb://ldad_images/screenshots/web-image.png" "web-image.png" 1 9 0 0 0 1 1 0 0) *[/error]*

The script works just fine if I save the image to a local drive such as '/tmp/'.

Also, if I type this in a terminal:

nautilus smb://ldad_images/screenshots/

A file browser opens just fine into the shared 'screenshots' directory.

If saving to a network drive is not possible (such as smb://), is there some other trick I could use to get the image over there?

Suggestions would be helpful :-)

Here's the code I have thus far:

*[code] *(define
(script-fu-Send-to-Web Image Location Filename)
; the directory our file will be saved in (set! SRCFilename (string-append Location Filename))
; scale the image to our optimum web size (set! width (car (gimp-image-width Image))) (set! height (car (gimp-image-height Image))) (if (> width 470)
(begin
(set! newHeight (/ (* 470 height) width)) (gimp-image-scale Image 470 newHeight) (gimp-displays-flush)
)
)

; add a drop shadow
(set! drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-drawable Image))) (script-fu-drop-shadow Image drawable 8.0 8.0 15.0 '(0 0 0) 80.0 TRUE) (gimp-displays-flush)

; save as png file to our www directory on ldad (or wherever the user indicated) (gimp-image-merge-visible-layers Image 0) (gimp-displays-flush)
(set! drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-drawable Image))) (file-png-save2 RUN-NONINTERACTIVE Image drawable SRCFilename Filename 1 9 0 0 0 1 1 0 0) (gimp-displays-flush)

; Close out the image
(gimp-display-delete Image)

; Let user know it's online
(gimp-message "Cool! Your picture is online. You may now include it in a 'Top News of the Day' article.") )

; Register the function with the GIMP: (script-fu-register
"script-fu-Send-to-Web"
"/NWS/Send To Web"
"Scales the image to 500px width and saves it to www images rsync directory on LDAD." "Tony Freeman"
"2007, National Weather Service, Louisville" "March 06, 2007"
"RGB* GRAY*"
SF-IMAGE "The Image" 0
SF-STRING "Location" "smb://ldad_images/screenshots/" SF-STRING "File Name" "web-image.png" )*
**[/code]*

Sven Neumann
2007-03-10 19:06:59 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 12:58 -0500, Tony Freeman wrote:

If saving to a network drive is not possible (such as smb://), is there some other trick I could use to get the image over there?

GIMP 2.2 doesn't save to remote locations. You could try your luck with the 2.3 development version or use the command-line utility gnomevfs-mv to move the file to the SMB share.

Sven

GSR - FR
2007-03-10 19:29:23 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi,
tony@tonyfreeman.us (2007-03-10 at 1258.19 -0500):

Mount the network drive. You can use smbmount or fusesmb, for example. Then files will appear in the main tree, for all apps.

GSR