RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

need some help or direction on printing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

need some help or direction on printing Rick Berger 05 Mar 18:26
  need some help or direction on printing John R. Culleton 05 Mar 21:10
  need some help or direction on printing Tim Jedlicka 06 Mar 05:22
Rick Berger
2007-03-05 18:26:00 UTC (about 17 years ago)

I'm a inexperienced GIMP user and need some help or direction on printing using Ubuntu Linux with CUPS. I'm trying to printing a rendered PDF form with text that I've added. The image starts printing about an inch from the top of the page and the bottom is lost, no second page. All the margins are set to 0.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

John R. Culleton
2007-03-05 21:10:12 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On Monday 05 March 2007 12:26, Rick Berger wrote:

I'm a inexperienced GIMP user and need some help or direction on printing using Ubuntu Linux with CUPS. I'm trying to printing a rendered PDF form with text that I've added. The image starts printing about an inch from the top of the page and the bottom is lost, no second page. All the margins are set to 0.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Probably the safest course is to save the document in some suitable form (e.g., PS) and print the document from the command line.

Tim Jedlicka
2007-03-06 05:22:43 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On 3/5/07, Rick Berger wrote:

You might try the program -pdftk-, it will split a PDF document into multiple pages. You might be able to edit each page individually and print one page at a time. I don't know if it will solve your problem, but worth a try.