RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.3 with Fink on OSX?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.3 with Fink on OSX? Anthony Ettinger 28 Feb 18:55
  Gimp 2.3 with Fink on OSX? Axel Wernicke 28 Feb 21:49
   Gimp 2.3 with Fink on OSX? Anthony Ettinger 28 Feb 23:39
   Gimp 2.3 with Fink on OSX? Anthony Ettinger 28 Feb 23:42
Anthony Ettinger
2007-02-28 18:55:56 UTC (about 17 years ago)

I installed the latest gimp-2.0 with "fink" on Mac OSX...is there a development version of the latest Gimp - 2.6 available?

I thought I had installed the gimp2-dev but this 2.0.6 is the version that was installed.

Axel Wernicke
2007-02-28 21:49:43 UTC (about 17 years ago)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

Hi Anthony,

gimp-app.sf.net is an excellent source to grep a prebuild an prepackaged version of the most recent stable version of GIMP. To get hands on an unstable version is a bit more complicated. I'm running one on OS X, build with an unreleased ports file for darwin ports (http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/getdp/). Unfortunately some more important packages like gtk2 are not available in a recent version in fink, but in darwin ports only. If you want to be one of the brave, I can send you the ports file by mail.

Greetings, lexA

Am 28.02.2007 um 18:55 schrieb Anthony Ettinger:

I installed the latest gimp-2.0 with "fink" on Mac OSX...is there a development version of the latest Gimp - 2.6 available?

I thought I had installed the gimp2-dev but this 2.0.6 is the version that was installed.

Anthony Ettinger
2007-02-28 23:39:38 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Thanks, I switched to the darwin ports version and got 2.3.14 installed :)

The fink version crashed when I tried to use the text tool....plus it was an older version.

Axel Wernicke wrote:

Hi Anthony,

gimp-app.sf.net is an excellent source to grep a prebuild an prepackaged version of the most recent stable version of GIMP. To get hands on an unstable version is a bit more complicated. I'm running one on OS X, build with an unreleased ports file for darwin ports (http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/getdp/). Unfortunately some more important packages like gtk2 are not available in a recent version in fink, but in darwin ports only. If you want to be one of the brave, I can send you the ports file by mail.

Greetings, lexA

Anthony Ettinger
2007-02-28 23:42:00 UTC (about 17 years ago)

One thing I can't seem to do is create an alias on the Dock in OSX that will open gimp-2.3

Axel Wernicke wrote:

Hi Anthony,

Greetings, lexA