RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to use a fixed bug?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to use a fixed bug? Roberto Gorjão 25 Feb 09:44
  How to use a fixed bug? Marco Ciampa 27 Feb 01:26
  How to use a fixed bug? Tim Jedlicka 27 Feb 06:08
Roberto Gorjão
2007-02-25 09:44:02 UTC (about 17 years ago)

How to use a fixed bug?

I'm a new user both of Gimp and of this list, so, first of all, hello to everyone!

I'm interested in the application of the thirds rule and the golden section proportions to photos and other images... I've found this excellent "bug report"
on this subject and
it seems to indicate that the problem has a very handy solution now. Nevertheless I'm not sure whether I can use it right now or not?... I'm using GIMP 2.2.13 on Windows XP and the proposed solution seems something planned to work with a newer version (2.2.8?)? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Roberto

Marco Ciampa
2007-02-27 01:26:54 UTC (about 17 years ago)

How to use a fixed bug?

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 08:44:02AM +0000, Roberto Gorjão wrote:

I'm a new user both of Gimp and of this list, so, first of all, hello to everyone!

I'm interested in the application of the thirds rule and the golden section proportions to photos and other images... I've found this excellent "bug report"
on this subject and
it seems to indicate that the problem has a very handy solution now. Nevertheless I'm not sure whether I can use it right now or not?... I'm using GIMP 2.2.13 on Windows XP and the proposed solution seems something planned to work with a newer version (2.2.8?)? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Roberto

2.2.13 is newer than 2.2.8!!!

Tim Jedlicka
2007-02-27 06:08:42 UTC (about 17 years ago)

How to use a fixed bug?

On 2/25/07, Roberto Gorjão wrote:

on this subject and

This feature is being worked on in the next full release of Gimp. The development version is getting close to being released (I'm not a developer so won't guess at a release date). The new crop tool handles golden and thirds quite nicely in my opinion.