RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path [SOLVED]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path Dave M G 21 Feb 09:49
  Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path Simon Budig 23 Feb 12:12
   Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path [SOLVED] Dave M G 26 Feb 04:39
Dave M G
2007-02-21 09:49:31 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path

GIMP Users,

If I create a region with the path tool, and then use the path to create a selection, it seems to be anti-aliased by default.

I've turned off anti-aliasing in the tool options for all the selection tools - rectangular, circular, and magic wand - and yet converting from a path to a selection remains anti-aliased.

Is there a way to get the anti-aliasing to turn off when making selections by this method?

My main goal is to be able to select regions by clicking point by point and having straight lines between them. So far as I know, in GIMP this is accomplished by using the path tool and then converting to a selection. However, considering the above issue, if there's another way to create a selection by clicking a series of points, and have it not anti-aliased, that would be cool too.

Simon Budig
2007-02-23 12:12:27 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path

Dave M G (martin@autotelic.com) wrote:

If I create a region with the path tool, and then use the path to create a selection, it seems to be anti-aliased by default.

I've turned off anti-aliasing in the tool options for all the selection tools - rectangular, circular, and magic wand - and yet converting from a path to a selection remains anti-aliased.

Is there a way to get the anti-aliasing to turn off when making selections by this method?

My main goal is to be able to select regions by clicking point by point and having straight lines between them. So far as I know, in GIMP this is accomplished by using the path tool and then converting to a selection. However, considering the above issue, if there's another way to create a selection by clicking a series of points, and have it not anti-aliased, that would be cool too.

One workaround is, to Select->Sharpen after creating the selection. This will remove all antialiasing.

I hope this helps, Simon

Dave M G
2007-02-26 04:39:05 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Anti-aliasing off from selecting with path [SOLVED]

Simon,

Thank you for responding.

One workaround is, to Select->Sharpen after creating the selection. This will remove all antialiasing.

Yes, this does exactly what I'm after. Thank you for the suggestion.