RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

help James Wampler 11 Feb 05:17
  help John Meyer 11 Feb 14:35
  help Geoffrey 11 Feb 20:29
James Wampler
2007-02-11 05:17:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

help

I would like to unsubscribe! Get me off this list!

From: gimp-user-request@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> Subject: Gimp-user Digest, Vol 53, Issue 11> To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:00:03 -0800> > Send Gimp-user mailing list submissions to> gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit> https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to> gimp-user-request@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> > You can reach the person managing the list at> gimp-user-owner@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific> than "Re: Contents of Gimp-user digest..."> > > Today's Topics:> > 1. Re: 2.3.14 compile - dbus error (Eric P)> 2. Recording translation and rotation information> (Jean-Philippe Dr?court)> 3. Re: Recording translation and rotation information (Sven Neumann)> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> > Message: 1> Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:07:55 -0600> From: Eric P > Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] 2.3.14 compile - dbus error> To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-2022-JP> > Sven Neumann wrote:> > Hi,> > > > On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 00:08 -0600, Eric P wrote:> > > >> /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h:30:2: error: #error "Please define DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE to acknowledge your> >> understanding that D-Bus hasn't reached 1.0 and is subject to protocol and API churn. See the README for a full> >> explanation."> > > > Your version of D-Bus is outdated. Just do what the error message> > suggests and add #define DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE to gui.c just before> > the d-bus headers are included.> > > > Your copy of the Python Glib bindings are broken. There's a patch for it> > in Bugzilla. It's on the pygtk project if I remember correctly.> > Alternatively you can disable the Python plug-in when configuring gimp.> > > > > Thanks. Those tips got me through the compile.> > Eric> > > ------------------------------> > Message: 2> Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:34:39 +0000> From: Jean-Philippe Dr?court > Subject: [Gimp-user] Recording translation and rotation information> To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"; format=flowed> > Dear Gimp users,> > Short version: I'm trying to record the > translation and rotation information of a given > layer for later use with a script or another program. Is this possible in GIMP?> > Long version: I doing some photo collage the way > David Hockney does (if you don't know his work, > check > http://www.artchive.com/artchive/H/hockney/pearblsm.jpg.html > ). But instead of taking 100s of real pictures, I have digital data.> For each picture, I'm creating a layer, and the > only action I'll do is translation and rotation. > Because of the number of pictures, it becp?es > quickly impossible to work with the full > resolution pictures. I'd like to be able to work > on lower resolution pictures, record the > translation and rotation of each layer from the > centre of the image (that is the single > translation and rotation instruction that will > get me from the layer centered in the middle of > the image to the adjusted position).> Then I want to reuse this information to create a > full resolution image using batch processing (I > have already a script for that part in > script-fu), so I can go on with my life while the computer is crunching.> > Any ideas? Right now I'm recording the new size > of the layer after rotation as well as it's > position on the screen and thanks to > trigonometry, I get the angle back. The problem > is: This is quite unprecise and gives me the > choice between four different angles, so it doesn't work so well.> > Thanks in advance.> > Jean-Philippe> > > > > > > ------------------------------> > Message: 3> Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:48:27 +0100> From: Sven Neumann > Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Recording translation and rotation> information> To: Jean-Philippe Dr?court > Cc: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8> > Hi,> > On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 08:34 +0000, Jean-Philippe Dr?court wrote:> > > Short version: I'm trying to record the > > translation and rotation information of a given > > layer for later use with a script or another program. Is this possible in GIMP?> > I don't think there's a way to do that besides looking at the values> that you apply with the transform tools, writing them down and entering> them into your script later.> > Our idea is that GIMP will eventually allow you to to store all editing> information so that you can apply it later to other images (that may> even be of different size). That's not yet possible though.> > > Sven> > > > > ------------------------------> > _______________________________________________> Gimp-user mailing list> Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user> > > End of Gimp-user Digest, Vol 53, Issue 11> *****************************************

John Meyer
2007-02-11 14:35:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

help

Thou must unsubscribe thyself:

Hearken now to yon footer: Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Heed it's instructions and it will go well with you to the end of your days.

James Wampler wrote:

Geoffrey
2007-02-11 20:29:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

help

James Wampler wrote:

You go out the same way you came in.

People are unlikely to assist you when you make demands. You might consider returning to the page you subscribed from and doing it yourself as is expected.