RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

LF: on-line tutorial

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

LF: on-line tutorial Tom Daly 07 Feb 16:43
  LF: on-line tutorial David Marrs 07 Feb 23:44
  LF: on-line tutorial Owen 08 Feb 00:55
Tom Daly
2007-02-07 16:43:36 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I know in Photoshop there are methods to chamfer / bevel the edges of a jpg (photo) image, also to 'roll over' the edge (think quarter-round routered)

Can someone point me to a tutorial (on-line or in help) that I can start digging into- I'd rather not clutter this list up with my learning curve :-) tia

David Marrs
2007-02-07 23:44:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Tom Daly wrote:

I know in Photoshop there are methods to chamfer / bevel the edges of a jpg (photo) image, also to 'roll over' the edge (think quarter-round routered)

Chapter 8 of http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/ might be useful to you. It doesn't deal with that specific example but it goes through the relevant rendering processes.

Owen
2007-02-08 00:55:50 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:43:36 -0400 Tom Daly wrote:

Can someone point me to a tutorial (on-line or in help) that I can start digging into- I'd rather not clutter this list up with my learning curve :-) tia

Image->Script-Fu->Decor->Add Bevel (or Border)?

Owen