RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

no more able to compile gimp from svn

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

no more able to compile gimp from svn Marco Ciampa 06 Feb 23:52
  no more able to compile gimp from svn Sven Neumann 07 Feb 09:34
Marco Ciampa
2007-02-06 23:52:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I'm no more able to compile gimp from svn (from cvs I always succeded..)

make [...]
Making all in gui
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/marco/svn-gnome/gimp/trunk/app/gui' if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../app -I../../app -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"Gimp-GUI\" -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DGIMP_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DPANGO_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_MULTIHEAD_SAFE -DGTK_MULTIHEAD_SAFE -g -O2 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -MT gui.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gui.Tpo" -c -o gui.o gui.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/gui.Tpo" ".deps/gui.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/gui.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus-glib-lowlevel.h:28, from gui.c:27:
/usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h:30:2: error: #error "Please define DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE to acknowledge your understanding that D-Bus /hasn't reached 1.0 and is subject to protocol and API churn. See the README for a full explanation."
make[3]: *** [gui.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/marco/svn-gnome/gimp/trunk/app/gui' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/marco/svn-gnome/gimp/trunk/app' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marco/svn-gnome/gimp/trunk' make: *** [all] Error 2

Any hint?

PS: GNU/Linux ubuntu edgy on PPC

Sven Neumann
2007-02-07 09:34:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 23:52 +0100, Marco Ciampa wrote:

I'm no more able to compile gimp from svn (from cvs I always succeded..)

If you checkout from CVS, you get the state from before we migrated to Subversion. In other words, your checkout will be outdated. Don't use CVS any longer!

In file included from /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus-glib-lowlevel.h:28, from gui.c:27:
/usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h:30:2: error: #error "Please define DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE to acknowledge your understanding that D-Bus /hasn't reached 1.0 and is subject to protocol and API churn. See the README for a full explanation."

As explained on gimp-developer list already, your version of D-Bus is outdated (and you should consider to update it). But I have now changed the code in GIMP to work around this problem.

Sven