RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Yellow Cursor Using Mac OS X Intel

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Yellow Cursor Using Mac OS X Intel Kirk Tirakian 05 Feb 15:45
Yellow Cursor Using Mac OS X Intel Kirk Tirakian 07 Feb 01:14
  Yellow Cursor Using Mac OS X Intel Axel Wernicke 07 Feb 05:37
   Yellow Cursor Using Mac OS X Intel Sven Neumann 07 Feb 09:37
Kirk Tirakian
2007-02-05 15:45:50 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

I have tried the best I know how to change the yellow cursor color in GIMP.
When I open a file the cursor turns to a pale shade of yellow that is very hard to see.

Any suggestions?

I understand there is a problem (and a solution) with X11 in Mac OS X on an Intel Mac which is what I am using.

Thank You,

Kirk

Kirk Tirakian kirktalon@mac.com

Kirk Tirakian
2007-02-07 01:14:45 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

When I open a file the cursor turns to a pale shade of yellow that is very hard to see.
I've tried to google for a solution too but have not had success yet.

With respect this is my second request.

Any suggestions?

I understand there is a problem (and a solution) with X11 in Mac OS X on an Intel Mac which is what I am using.

Thank You,

Kirk

Axel Wernicke
2007-02-07 05:37:28 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi Kirk,

Am 07.02.2007 um 01:14 schrieb Kirk Tirakian:

Hi,

I've tried to google for a solution too but have not had success yet.

I do not have the problems you describe, although I do indeed know the problem and remember having had it once myself. I'm working on a MacBook Pro with the most current OS X 10.4.8 with all the latest security updates and all X11 updates. Current X11.app version is 1.1.3.
I'm running two different versions of GIMP: - The most recent GIMP 2.3.13 compiled by myself (with a little help of darwin ports)
- A recent version of GIMP.app 2.2.11 from gimp-app.sf.net --> ups, as I start the gimp.app now I see that yellow cursor too : ( Hmm, seems the problem is not solved by Apples updates. Anyway, I've seen people discussing the issue on the net. Lets try google:

A solution is proposed here: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php? story=20060316124704289&query=x11
Please try it and let us know.

Greetings, lexA

With respect this is my second request.

Well, it took me about 20 seconds to find the solution with google. May be you could have done that too after my first hint?

Greetings, lexA

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Kirk

Sven Neumann
2007-02-07 09:37:27 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 05:37 +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:

A solution is proposed
here: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060316124704289&query=x11 Please try it and let us know.

Haha. Now Apple is getting the endianness problems on Intel. Just like Linux users on PowerPC, just the other way around.

Sven