RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp and Printing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp and Printing Mega Sunny 02 Feb 00:52
  Gimp and Printing Doug 03 Feb 14:57
Mega Sunny
2007-02-02 00:52:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp and Printing

I can't print any picture with Gimp 2.2.13 (Gimp-Print Version 4.2). My Distri is openSuse 10.2 and the normal installation of my Printer (Epson Stylus Photo RX500) with yast works fine. Other programms can print, only gimp don't work. Where is the problem? I also bought the printer driver from TurboPrint but also the setup tip from this don't work. See here -> Setup of TurboPrint and Gimp
When I make a new printer it appears in the field "Printer-Name" with a Star (*). I input the name e. g. fotoprinter then the name will be shown as *fotoprinter.
BTW: Of course I have german Version of openSuse.

Thank you

Michael

Doug
2007-02-03 14:57:19 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp and Printing

Mega Sunny wrote:

I can't print any picture with Gimp 2.2.13 (Gimp-Print Version 4.2). My Distri is openSuse 10.2 and the normal installation of my Printer (Epson Stylus Photo RX500) with yast works fine. Other programms can print, only gimp don't work. Where is the problem? I also bought the printer driver from TurboPrint but also the setup tip from this don't work. See here -> Setup of TurboPrint and Gimp .
When I make a new printer it appears in the field "Printer-Name" with a Star (*). I input the name e. g. fotoprinter then the name will be shown as *fotoprinter.
BTW: Of course I have german Version of openSuse.

Thank you

Michael

I suggest you get hold of the latest version (5.0.0) of gutenprint (alias gimp-print) from sourceforge - your printer is listed as one of those supported - rather than persist with turboprint.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1537

A couple of printers I had problems with, using turboprint, work quite smoothly with gutenprint 5.0.0.
(Using Mandriva 10.2)

HTH

Doug