RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Control Handles for Bezier Paths do not appear ingimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Martinez, Michael W, PRC
2007-01-25 16:14:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Control Handles for Bezier Paths do not appear in gimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP

Hi,

According to section 3.1.1.4 of http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html, control handles should appear when using the Bezier Path selection tool. However, this does not happen in my installation of Gimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP. I don't know if that's because the document is outdated, or if this functionality is not present on Windows.
Rather than control "handles", I just see the control points, which I can move, but do not seem to have the flexibility or control that I should with control handles.

Regards,

Michael

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.

Martinez, Michael W, PRC
2007-01-25 16:33:01 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Control Handles for Bezier Paths do not appear in gimp1.4.6 on Windows XP

Sorry, I'm using version 2.2.13 (not 1.4.6).
Regards,

Michael

[mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU] On Behalf Of Martinez,
Michael W, PRC
	Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:15 AM
	To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
	Subject: [Gimp-user] Control Handles for Bezier Paths do not
appear in gimp1.4.6 on Windows XP

Hi,

According to section 3.1.1.4 of
http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html,  control handles should appear
when using the Bezier Path selection tool. However, this does not happen
in my installation of Gimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP. I don't know if that's
because the document is outdated, or if this functionality is not
present on Windows. 

Rather than control "handles", I just see the control points,
which I can move, but do not seem to have the flexibility or control
that I should with control handles.

Regards,

Michael

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided
under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies
of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen
Email System. 

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.
Simon Budig
2007-01-25 16:33:39 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Control Handles for Bezier Paths do not appear in gimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP

Martinez, Michael W, PRC (MichaelW.Martinez@state.nm.us) wrote:

According to section 3.1.1.4 of http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html, control handles should appear when using the Bezier Path selection tool. However, this does not happen in my installation of Gimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP. I don't know if that's because the document is outdated, or if this functionality is not present on Windows.

Gimp 1.4.x does not exist.

Also the handling of the bezier paths has changed drastically between gimp 1.2.x (where Careys book is based on) and Gimp 2.x.y. There is more documentation on that on http://docs.gimp.org.

Bye, Simon

Martinez, Michael W, PRC
2007-01-25 16:37:49 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Carey's book suggests that the Bezier path selection is the most powerful and best of the selection tools. Is that still the case, or does gimp-2 have a better one?

Regards,
Michael Martinez

-----Original Message-----
From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU] On Behalf Of Simon Budig
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:34 AM To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Control Handles for Bezier Paths do not appear ingimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP

Martinez, Michael W, PRC (MichaelW.Martinez@state.nm.us) wrote:

According to section 3.1.1.4 of

http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html,

control handles should appear when using the Bezier Path

selection tool.

However, this does not happen in my installation of Gimp 1.4.6 on Windows XP. I don't know if that's because the document is

outdated,

or if this functionality is not present on Windows.

Gimp 1.4.x does not exist.

Also the handling of the bezier paths has changed drastically between gimp 1.2.x (where Careys book is based on) and Gimp 2.x.y. There is more documentation on that on http://docs.gimp.org.

Bye, Simon

Andreas Waechter
2007-01-25 21:24:34 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Carey's book suggests that the Bezier path selection is the most powerful and best of the selection tools. Is that still the case, or does gimp-2 have a better one?

I'd say that the "best selection tool" mostly depends on what you want to select.
If you need to select rectangles, the bezier tool is not the best tool (the rectangular select tool is much better for that) If you need to select based on the color the bezier tool is not the best tool (the color select tool is much better for that).
And so on.
If you need to select bezier-formed areas, the bezier tool might be the best tool.

Andreas