RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem with merging two pictures with transparency

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem with merging two pictures with transparency Xavier Outhier 25 Jan 09:24
  Problem with merging two pictures with transparency Sven Neumann 25 Jan 09:28
Xavier Outhier
2007-01-25 09:24:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi all,

I have a little problem. I have two pictures in png format. They have the same size. I want to copy one image on the top of another. The image that should be on the top contains transparentcy pixels that are on the borders of the picture. When I select all, copy and paste in the background picutre, the copied picture is not what I expect (the same picture as the original).
I only got a rectangle selection that contains all the non transparent pixel. This selection is centered to the picture.

I've found a workaround but it's not very convenient: I add a non transparent pixel top-left and bottom-right and then select only what I want.
Is there a more elegant solution?

Version of GIMP: 2.2.13

Cheers,

Xavier.

Sven Neumann
2007-01-25 09:28:41 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 09:24 +0100, Xavier Outhier wrote:

I have a little problem. I have two pictures in png format. They have the same size. I want to copy one image on the top of another. The image that should be on the top contains transparentcy pixels that are on the borders of the picture. When I select all, copy and paste in the background picutre, the copied picture is not what I expect (the same picture as the original).
I only got a rectangle selection that contains all the non transparent pixel. This selection is centered to the picture.

Try dragging the layer from the layers dialog into the image window where you want to add it.

Sven