RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

This must be possible

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

This must be possible fmccormick@videotron.ca 23 Jan 17:37
  This must be possible Raphaël Quinet 23 Jan 17:52
   This must be possible Frank McCormick 24 Jan 02:51
  This must be possible Jozef Legeny 23 Jan 18:58
fmccormick@videotron.ca
2007-01-23 17:37:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

This must be possible

I am trying to create some backgrounds for webpages....and they must have that "flattened" look. That's the only way I can describe it. They look like the contrast has been reduced and the page brightened overall. Considering all the tools available in GIMP, one of them must be the one , but I can't seem to find the proper one. I have tried reducing contrast and brightening but the look isn't what I want. If anybody understands what I want can they help ??

Thanks

---Frank McCormick--- ------Montreal--------

Raphaël Quinet
2007-01-23 17:52:42 UTC (over 17 years ago)

This must be possible

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:37:37 -0500, fmccormick@videotron.ca wrote:

I am trying to create some backgrounds for webpages....and they must have that "flattened" look. That's the only way I can describe it. They look like the contrast has been reduced and the page brightened overall. Considering all the tools available in GIMP, one of them must be the one , but I can't seem to find the proper one. I have tried reducing contrast and brightening but the look isn't what I want. If anybody understands what I want can they help ??

There are many ways to do that. If you are not too familiar with GIMP and the various color tools that it offers, the easiest way is probably this:
- Open the image.
- Add a new layer on top of the background. - Fill it with white (or light gray, or any light color). - Reduce the opacity of the new layer to 50% or less.

-Raphaël

Jozef Legeny
2007-01-23 18:58:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

This must be possible

On 1/23/07, fmccormick@videotron.ca wrote:

Thanks

---Frank McCormick--- ------Montreal--------
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

try the color modification curves (layer->color->curves or color->curves depending on the version of your GIMP)

Frank McCormick
2007-01-24 02:51:10 UTC (over 17 years ago)

This must be possible

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:52:42 +0100 Raphaël Quinet wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:37:37 -0500, fmccormick@videotron.ca wrote:

There are many ways to do that. If you are not too familiar with GIMP and the various color tools that it offers, the easiest way is probably this:
- Open the image.
- Add a new layer on top of the background. - Fill it with white (or light gray, or any light color). - Reduce the opacity of the new layer to 50% or less.

-Raphaël

Thanks, this works as well, why didn't I think of these? After all I've been using GIMP for 3 weeks :)

Thanks