RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Replace Color Tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

13 of 14 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Replace Color Tool Christopher Burkhart 23 Jan 06:57
  Replace Color Tool A 23 Jan 07:22
  Replace Color Tool Scott Bicknell 23 Jan 07:33
  Replace Color Tool Sven Neumann 23 Jan 08:07
   Replace Color Tool Christopher Burkhart 24 Jan 19:21
    Replace Color Tool Sven Neumann 24 Jan 19:58
    Replace Color Tool Andrew 24 Jan 20:15
     Replace Color Tool Christopher Burkhart 24 Jan 21:41
      Replace Color Tool Michael Schumacher 24 Jan 22:36
      Replace Color Tool Sven Neumann 24 Jan 23:33
mailman.1.1169668803.21552.... 07 Oct 20:18
  Replace Color Tool George Farris 24 Jan 21:57
   Replace Color Tool Sven Neumann 24 Jan 22:11
    Replace Color Tool George Farris 24 Jan 22:54
Christopher Burkhart
2007-01-23 06:57:56 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

I am trying to replace one hue with another, I have found some things online that elude to this using the color selection tool but I have no idea what to do after the color is selected.

A
2007-01-23 07:22:42 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

In the standard GIMP menu ...

Layer->Colors-> then one of: Colorize
Hue-Saturation
Color Balance

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 23:57 -0600, Christopher Burkhart wrote:

I am trying to replace one hue with another, I have found some things online that elude to this using the color selection tool but I have no idea what to do after the color is selected.

Scott Bicknell
2007-01-23 07:33:56 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

On Monday 22 January 2007 9:57 pm, Christopher Burkhart wrote:

There is a filter accessible from the image window's Filters/Color/Map menu called Color Exchange. You can use the Gimp's color picker to select a color. Leave the color pallete open after picking a color from your image. Then open the Color Exchange filter dialog and drag the color you picked from the Gimp's color selector to the Color Exchange's From color selector. Then set the To color selector in the same dialog to whatever you want to map your first color to in the image.

Sven Neumann
2007-01-23 08:07:01 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Edit -> Fill with the desired color.

Sven

Christopher Burkhart
2007-01-24 19:21:46 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Alright, I must be retarded, and I am sorry for cluttering y'alls inboxs.

For some reason the color map is not working. I cannot find just 'fill' under edit. I can find fill with BG color and fill with FG color, but neither do what I want to do. Am I using an earlier version of Gimp? I have 2.2 on an Ubuntu machine. Thanks again
Chris

On 1/23/07, Sven Neumann wrote:

Edit -> Fill with the desired color.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-01-24 19:58:07 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Jo,

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 12:21 -0600, Christopher Burkhart wrote:

I cannot find just 'fill' under edit. I can find fill with BG color and fill with FG color, but neither do what I want to do. Am I using an earlier version of Gimp? I have 2.2 on an Ubuntu machine.

There is only 'Fill with FG color' or 'Fill with BG color'. I didn't realize that abstracting these two to 'Edit Fill' would be too difficult. If these are not doing what you want them to do, then most probably you didn't explain what exactly you want to do.

Sven

Andrew
2007-01-24 20:15:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Christopher Burkhart wrote:

Alright, I must be retarded, and I am sorry for cluttering y'alls inboxs.

For some reason the color map is not working. I cannot find just 'fill' under edit. I can find fill with BG color and fill with FG color, but neither do what I want to do.

You should previously set FG or BG to the desired colour by clicking on them and choosing from the colour chooser.

HTH

Andrew

Christopher Burkhart
2007-01-24 21:41:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Sven,
I had tried using both of the fill options, but it does not replace the color in the selected area, but rather on the outside of the selected area, which is why I thought there may have been a third option. There really is no need to get snippy or condescending. I am pretty sure 'replace one hue with another' was pretty clear and too the point. I can attach files to show you how the fill command is behaving, because it seems like it is not acting like you describe how it should act. C Burkhart
On 1/24/07, Andrew wrote:

Alright, I must be retarded, and I am sorry for cluttering y'alls

inboxs.

For some reason the color map is not working. I cannot find just 'fill' under edit. I can find fill with BG color and fill with FG color, but neither do what I want to do.

You should previously set FG or BG to the desired colour by clicking on them and choosing from the colour chooser.

HTH

Andrew

George Farris
2007-01-24 21:57:20 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

On Wed, 2007-24-01 at 12:00 -0800, gimp-user-request@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU wrote:

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:15:58 +0100 From: Andrew
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Replace Color Tool To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Alright, I must be retarded, and I am sorry for cluttering y'alls

inboxs.

For some reason the color map is not working. I cannot find just 'fill' under edit. I can find fill with BG

color

and fill with FG color, but neither do what I want to do.

You should previously set FG or BG to the desired colour by clicking on
them and choosing from the colour chooser.

Is there a place to choose a colour from anywhere on the screen in GIMP? I use this all the time and it is a pain not being able to do this. Not just in the image but anywhere on the screen.

I'm surprised more people don't ask for this.

Sven Neumann
2007-01-24 22:11:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 12:57 -0800, George Farris wrote:

Is there a place to choose a colour from anywhere on the screen in GIMP? I use this all the time and it is a pain not being able to do this. Not just in the image but anywhere on the screen.

Most probably because there is a way to do that:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-dialogs-content.html#gimp-color-dialog

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2007-01-24 22:36:53 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

I had tried using both of the fill options, but it does not replace the color in the selected area, but rather on the outside of the selected area,

Works as expected. Are you sure that you got a selection and that it does cover the area you expect it to do?

Michael

P.S. please do quote properly and reply to the right messages.

George Farris
2007-01-24 22:54:27 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

On Wed, 2007-24-01 at 22:11 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 12:57 -0800, George Farris wrote:

Most probably because there is a way to do that:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-dialogs-content.html#gimp-color-dialog

Man I looked all over for this, well, it's blatantly obvious I didn't look everywhere isn't it:-)

Thank very much.

Sven Neumann
2007-01-24 23:33:34 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Replace Color Tool

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 14:41 -0600, Christopher Burkhart wrote:

I had tried using both of the fill options, but it does not replace the color in the selected area, but rather on the outside of the selected area, which is why I thought there may have been a third option. There really is no need to get snippy or condescending. I am pretty sure 'replace one hue with another' was pretty clear and too the point. I can attach files to show you how the fill command is behaving, because it seems like it is not acting like you describe how it should act.

Please do that then or just try to be more precise about what you are doing. The fill actions from the menus definitely fill the selected area, not the outside of it.

Sven