RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Green on Green

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Green on Green Jim Clark 22 Jan 22:24
  Green on Green Anthony Ettinger 22 Jan 22:34
   Green on Green Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 23 Jan 03:48
Jim Clark
2007-01-22 22:24:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Green on Green

Well, for what it is worth, and I don't suppose that is much, on a pretty nifty Sun monitor using FF on Linux, I cannot see the box until I mouseover. The colors are precisely the same. Whatever the problem is, it isn't GImp's.

Thanks-

Jim Clark SDS: K0QA
Lenexa, Kansas
913/599-8845
T/L 337-8845

Anthony Ettinger
2007-01-22 22:34:03 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Green on Green

On 1/22/07, Jim Clark wrote:

Well, for what it is worth, and I don't suppose that is much, on a pretty nifty Sun monitor using FF on Linux, I cannot see the box until I mouseover. The colors are precisely the same. Whatever the problem is, it isn't GImp's.

Thanks Jim,

I'm installing FF 2.0...as that seems to be the problem browser for me. I'm very surprised that 1.5 isn't handling .png correctly.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2007-01-23 03:48:50 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Green on Green

On Monday 22 January 2007 19:34, Anthony Ettinger wrote:

On 1/22/07, Jim Clark wrote:

Thanks Jim,

I'm installing FF 2.0...as that seems to be the problem browser for me. I'm very surprised that 1.5 isn't handling .png correctly.

I had this problem with plain White in an old install It has to do with color correction embebed in the browsers. At the time, I had a different gamma correction set-up in X11.

That means: the problem is in the browsers, which do not apply the same color correction scheme to both images and html colors.