RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Why can't I "clone"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Why can't I "clone" Michael Satterwhite 17 Jan 03:21
  Why can't I "clone" David Gowers 17 Jan 04:02
  Why can't I "clone" Owen 17 Jan 08:54
Michael Satterwhite
2007-01-17 03:21:34 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Why can't I "clone"

I have an image currently stored / loaded as an "xcf" file. I've flattened the image, so the entire image is a single layer. I click on the "clone" tool, and then move the cursor over the image.

The pointer shows the clone tool with the forbidden symbol (OK so far). I pick the area I want to use as a source, then press the CTRL key. The pointer doesn't change. If I click while holding down the CTRL key, the pointer changes to a hand, and moving the mouse moves the *WINDOW* on the screen. When I release the mouse button, the pointer goes back to the clone tool with the forbidden symbol.

I can't select a source area, so cloning is impossible.

Why? All help is appreciated.
---Michael

David Gowers
2007-01-17 04:02:30 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Why can't I "clone"

Your window manager is exceptionally uncooperative. Reconfigure it or use a different one. I've NEVER heard of a window manager that's as rude as to block CTRL+click from application use.

On 1/17/07, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

I have an image currently stored / loaded as an "xcf" file. I've flattened the
image, so the entire image is a single layer. I click on the "clone" tool, and then move the cursor over the image.

The pointer shows the clone tool with the forbidden symbol (OK so far). I pick
the area I want to use as a source, then press the CTRL key. The pointer doesn't change. If I click while holding down the CTRL key, the pointer changes to a hand, and moving the mouse moves the *WINDOW* on the screen. When I release the mouse button, the pointer goes back to the clone tool with
the forbidden symbol.

Why? All help is appreciated.
---Michael

Owen
2007-01-17 08:54:09 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Why can't I "clone"

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:21:34 -0600 Michael Satterwhite wrote:

I have an image currently stored / loaded as an "xcf" file. I've flattened the image, so the entire image is a single layer. I click on the "clone" tool, and then move the cursor over the image.

The pointer shows the clone tool with the forbidden symbol (OK so far). I pick the area I want to use as a source, then press the CTRL key. The pointer doesn't change. If I click while holding down the CTRL key, the pointer changes to a hand, and moving the mouse moves the *WINDOW* on the screen. When I release the mouse button, the pointer goes back to the clone tool with the forbidden symbol.

Why?

1. Click on the Clone tool
2. Move to the source area
3. Press Ctrl
4. Left click
5. Release Ctrl and Left click button 6. move to target area, start cloning

Owen