RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

usage of gimp-tipps for my website

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

usage of gimp-tipps for my website Bernhard Stockmann 07 Jan 00:35
  usage of gimp-tipps for my website Sven Neumann 07 Jan 13:20
Bernhard Stockmann
2007-01-07 00:35:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi!

Is it allowed tu use tips out of gimp (from tips.xml) on my website? And if this is allowed under what circumstances - do I need to place any copyright note there? Is it enough to place this information in the impressum or in the bottomline of the website (where all the other copyright information is displayed)?

Thanks in advance,

Sven Neumann
2007-01-07 13:20:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 00:35 +0100, Bernhard Stockmann wrote:

Is it allowed tu use tips out of gimp (from tips.xml) on my website? And if this is allowed under what circumstances - do I need to place any copyright note there? Is it enough to place this information in the impressum or in the bottomline of the website (where all the other copyright information is displayed)?

The tips are part of the source code, thus the GPL applies to them. Not sure what that means in terms of using them on a website. I'd say that it means that you need to make all changes available under the terms of the GPL. But I am not a lawyer.

Sven