RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Python

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Python John R. Culleton 01 Jan 19:25
  Python Mukund 02 Jan 03:00
John R. Culleton
2007-01-01 19:25:40 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Python

I downloaded, compiled and installed gimp2.3.13, followed by the obligatiory copy of xsane to the plug-ins directory. It would be nice if this could be included in the gimp distribution.

On the subject of plug-ins, I have python on my system but not some GTK fragment that Gimp wants. So I did a configure excluding Python. I am assuming that there are script-fu etc. scripts avialable to cover the functionality of most Python scripts. Is there something important that I am missing by not having Python?

Mukund
2007-01-02 03:00:29 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Python

Hi John

John R. Culleton wrote:

I downloaded, compiled and installed gimp2.3.13, followed by the obligatiory copy of xsane to the plug-ins directory. It would be nice if this could be included in the gimp distribution.

On the subject of plug-ins, I have python on my system but not some GTK fragment that Gimp wants. So I did a configure excluding Python. I am assuming that there are script-fu etc. scripts avialable to cover the functionality of most Python scripts. Is there something important that I am missing by not having Python?

By not having the Python bindings built, you lose the ability to script GIMP using Python, and hence lose the use of any scripts which are written in Python. That's pretty much it.

Kind regards,

Mukund