RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-Python GUI...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp-Python GUI... jbaker 22 Dec 22:33
  Gimp-Python GUI... Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 23 Dec 04:51
  Gimp-Python GUI... Sven Neumann 23 Dec 13:41
jbaker
2006-12-22 22:33:43 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp-Python GUI...

I'm wanting to do a script that requires a more complicated GUI than what the standard way of doing a script provides...

Basically I want to be able to layout some of the widgets horizontally instead of stacked vertically...

What would be the recommended way to do this... ?

Does anyone know of any scripts that do this type of thing that I could refer to ?

Thanks....

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-12-23 04:51:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp-Python GUI...

On Friday 22 December 2006 19:33, jbaker wrote:

I'm wanting to do a script that requires a more complicated GUI than what the standard way of doing a script provides...

Basically I want to be able to layout some of the widgets horizontally instead of stacked vertically...

Does anyone know of any scripts that do this type of thing that I could refer to ?

Thanks....

A Python plug-in can behave like a fully fatured C plug-in with "query" procediures and the like. The docuemntation on that is scarse, as you may have noted. There is soemthing floating on teh web somewhere, and IIRC, python-fu itself uses that to build the automatic interfaces.

There is another way to do it however: just register a python-fu plugin that tkakes no input parameters whatsoever, and inside its main function, build a python GTK+ window, just as if it was a stand alone application. Thi ss is simpler and is what is done by the Python procedure Browser, for example.

js
->

Sven Neumann
2006-12-23 13:41:41 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp-Python GUI...

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 16:33 -0500, jbaker wrote:

As far as I know, you can write a full-fledged GIMP plug-in using the GIMP Python bindings and pygtk. The gimpfu module is just a convenience layer that offers an API similar to Script-Fu. But you can decide to not use it and write your own custom UI.

Sven