RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

psd files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

psd files ChadDavis 17 Dec 22:12
  psd files Scott Bicknell 17 Dec 23:38
ChadDavis
2006-12-17 22:12:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

psd files

Hello. I've got a bunch of psd files that I need to convert to a useable format; I don't have a photoshop application. Gimp can't open them, though it can save to the psd format and then reopen those files that it has saved to the format. I read that there a two different types of psd formats, and that the newest one is a closed standard. Perhaps the files I need to open are those newer formats.

What are my options? Is their an extension to gimp that can open these files? Or is there some other tool that can convert them to a standard image format. They are just pictures. I have no reason to preserve layering and such.

Thanks Chad

Scott Bicknell
2006-12-17 23:38:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

psd files

On Sunday 17 December 2006 1:12 pm, ChadDavis wrote:

Hello. I've got a bunch of psd files that I need to convert to a useable format; I don't have a photoshop application. Gimp can't open them, though it can save to the psd format and then reopen those files that it has saved to the format. I read that there a two different types of psd formats, and that the newest one is a closed standard. Perhaps the files I need to open are those newer formats.

What are my options? Is their an extension to gimp that can open these files? Or is there some other tool that can convert them to a standard image format. They are just pictures. I have no reason to preserve layering and such.

Try ImageMagick.