RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Slowing things down

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

BAY104-F33D91FDBDCD87441A11... Lorraine Payette 16 Dec 04:37
  Slowing things down Chris Mohler 16 Dec 04:43
  Slowing things down David Marrs 16 Dec 11:54
   Slowing things down Patrick Shanahan 16 Dec 17:37
Chris Mohler
2006-12-16 04:43:56 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Slowing things down

I think you need to go:
https://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Scroll down, click 'Unsubscribe or Edit Options', and then change to digest mode.

Or, if you'd like I'll send you a gmail invite - it's pretty good with lists, and you have almost 3 GB of space... (I don't work for google - I just like gmail for lists)

Chris

David Marrs
2006-12-16 11:54:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Slowing things down

Lorraine Payette wrote:

How do I move from getting every single posting to just a daily digest? Much as I love being able to access all this information, I need space for other things. Can someone help me stem the tide just a bit?

The trouble with digest is that it doesn't let you thread email, so it's hard to follow a conversation (at least, I find it hard). You might find you get the best of both worlds by creating a filter for gimp-user and redirecting all mail for this list to its own folder. That way, your inbox remains uncluttered but conversations remain listed in a logical order.

I filter on [To or CC = gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU].

Regards, David

Patrick Shanahan
2006-12-16 17:37:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Slowing things down

* David Marrs [12-16-06 05:56]:

The trouble with digest is that it doesn't let you thread email, so it's hard to follow a conversation (at least, I find it hard). You might find you get the best of both worlds by creating a filter for gimp-user and redirecting all mail for this list to its own folder. That way, your inbox remains uncluttered but conversations remain listed in a logical order.

simple to break a digest into individual emails if you desire. Use procmail:
formail -ds procmail < file.txt
-s (split digest or xx), pipe a file back into system as if just rec'd -d Tell formail that the messages it is supposed to split need not be in strict mail-box format

formail is part of procmail.