RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.1.1165867203.15855.... 07 Oct 20:18
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 51, Issue 13 Katie 12 Dec 19:38
mailman.14643.1166266414.16... 07 Oct 20:18
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25 Katie 16 Dec 13:50
Katie
2006-12-12 19:38:56 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 51, Issue 13

http://www.draftlight.net/aeryn/evanescence/font.php

Got a link?

On 12/11/06, Katie wrote: > I have a font called evanescent (it is a true type font and it is text) that > won't work in GIMP. At first I thought in was the font but the font works in > other programs. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work? > > I have also had this problem with other fonts but this font is the only one > that I really care about.

gimp-user-request@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU wrote: Send Gimp-user mailing list submissions to gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to gimp-user-request@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

You can reach the person managing the list at gimp-user-owner@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Gimp-user digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. Transparency (Frank McCormick) 2. Re: Transparency (Anthony Ettinger) 3. Help with fonts (Katie)
4. Re: Help with fonts (Anthony Ettinger) 5. borderless print (norman)
6. Re: borderless print (Sven Neumann)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1 Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:50:00 -0500 From: Frank McCormick
Subject: [Gimp-user] Transparency
To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

I am a newbie when it comes to GIMP -- this has probably been asked before but I hope someone here can help.

I have a GIF drawing on a white background - its an animation with 3 frames. Is there a way to remove the white background, in effect making it almost transparent?

Katie
2006-12-16 13:50:39 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 51, Issue 25

Im using Windows XP Media Edition. By not working I mean it doesn't show up. The one I was asking about I got to work someone from another Gimp mailing list helped me. But thanks for trying.

Katie wrote:

I have a font called evanescent (it is a true type font and it is

text)

that won't work in GIMP. At first I thought in was the font but the

font

works in other programs. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work?

I may or may not be able to help, but for starters we need a little more
information to be able to diagnose the problem.

First of all, what operating system are you using?

Second, how do you define "not working?" Do you mean the font is not available (doesn't appear in the menu), or do you get poor results when you use it? And if it's the latter, please describe the results you get.

Also, you said there are some other fonts that aren't working. Even if you never use them, it might be helpful to ask what distinguishes all the fonts that don't work from those that do. E.g., do they all come from the same foundry? Are they all in the same directory? And so on ..