RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

borderless print

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

borderless print norman 11 Dec 10:59
  borderless print Sven Neumann 11 Dec 11:16
norman
2006-12-11 10:59:00 UTC (over 17 years ago)

borderless print

For more than a year I have used Gimp with Turboprint to produce my photographic prints without a border. Now, for some reason, I am no longer able to do this. I recently set up a new box with Ubuntu 6.06.1 and since then all my attempts to produce a print without a border have resulted in top and sides no border but a white border at the bottom. I have carried out various tests to try to identify the cause of the problem and the results point very strongly at Gimp. For example, printing from a terminal via Turboprint only, resulted in a perfect print.

The current version of Gimp is 2.2.11 as is the version on my old box. However, a noticeable change has taken place in the window in which the print settings are made. For example, on the old box I could set my paper at 5 x 7 borderless but now no borderless paper sizes are listed, instead there is a button marked borderless. On the old box the image to be printed fitted neatly into the paper outline in the preview panel. On my new box, the same image overhangs the paper outline with the overhang being most obvious at the bottom.

Is there anyone who can throw some light on what I can do to produce the borderless prints I want? I still have my old box so I can carry out comparative tests if any are suggested. Perhaps there is a way in which I can find the version of Gimp that I used to use and load it to replace the Gimp I have. If so, I would be grateful if I could be told what to do.

I apologise for this long post but I wanted to show that I have tried to solve the problem before coming to the list.

Norman

Sven Neumann
2006-12-11 11:16:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

borderless print

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 09:59 +0000, norman wrote:

For more than a year I have used Gimp with Turboprint to produce my photographic prints without a border. Now, for some reason, I am no longer able to do this. I recently set up a new box with Ubuntu 6.06.1 and since then all my attempts to produce a print without a border have resulted in top and sides no border but a white border at the bottom. I have carried out various tests to try to identify the cause of the problem and the results point very strongly at Gimp. For example, printing from a terminal via Turboprint only, resulted in a perfect print.

If at all, then the Print plug-in is the culprit here and that plug-in is not maintained by us. Please identify the version of the Print plug-in you are using and contact the gimp-print developers at sourceforge.net.

Sven