RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help with fonts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help with fonts Katie 11 Dec 10:42
  Help with fonts Anthony Ettinger 11 Dec 10:43
  Help with fonts Matt Gushee 15 Dec 23:27
   Help with fonts Jozef Legeny 17 Dec 11:26
Katie
2006-12-11 10:42:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help with fonts

I have a font called evanescent (it is a true type font and it is text) that won't work in GIMP. At first I thought in was the font but the font works in other programs. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work?

I have also had this problem with other fonts but this font is the only one that I really care about.

---------------------------------
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

Anthony Ettinger
2006-12-11 10:43:45 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help with fonts

Got a link?

On 12/11/06, Katie wrote:

I have a font called evanescent (it is a true type font and it is text) that won't work in GIMP. At first I thought in was the font but the font works in other programs. Does anyone know of a way to get it to work?

I have also had this problem with other fonts but this font is the only one that I really care about.

________________________________ Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Matt Gushee
2006-12-15 23:27:31 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help with fonts

Katie wrote:

I may or may not be able to help, but for starters we need a little more information to be able to diagnose the problem.

First of all, what operating system are you using?

Second, how do you define "not working?" Do you mean the font is not available (doesn't appear in the menu), or do you get poor results when you use it? And if it's the latter, please describe the results you get.

Also, you said there are some other fonts that aren't working. Even if you never use them, it might be helpful to ask what distinguishes all the fonts that don't work from those that do. E.g., do they all come from the same foundry? Are they all in the same directory? And so on ..

Jozef Legeny
2006-12-17 11:26:33 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help with fonts

how did you install the font ?
i'm using gimp 2.3.13 on Linux and it works perfectly (just copied the font files to my /home/myfolder/.gimp-2.3/fonts/. Try looking better because though the font name is evanescent in Gimp it is under "Typeface (C) Draftlight/Aerin ..."