RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Transparency

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Transparency Frank McCormick 11 Dec 01:50
  Transparency Anthony Ettinger 11 Dec 02:42
Frank McCormick
2006-12-11 01:50:00 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Transparency

I am a newbie when it comes to GIMP -- this has probably been asked before but I hope someone here can help.

I have a GIF drawing on a white background - its an animation with 3 frames. Is there a way to remove the white background, in effect making it almost transparent?

Anthony Ettinger
2006-12-11 02:42:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Transparency

On 12/10/06, Frank McCormick wrote:

I am a newbie when it comes to GIMP -- this has probably been asked before but I hope someone here can help.

I have a GIF drawing on a white background - its an animation with 3 frames. Is there a way to remove the white background, in effect making it almost transparent?

backgrounds are handled special - that is to say you need to add an alpha channel to it, then you can "select by color" the white area and clear it to make it transparent.

best thing to do would be to lift your art off the background, and make it a transparent layer.