RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

easier round corner tabs

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

easier round corner tabs Anthony Ettinger 07 Dec 23:19
  easier round corner tabs Chris Mohler 08 Dec 00:47
   easier round corner tabs Anthony Ettinger 08 Dec 00:51
    easier round corner tabs Chris Mohler 08 Dec 00:58
     easier round corner tabs Anthony Ettinger 08 Dec 03:40
Anthony Ettinger
2006-12-07 23:19:35 UTC (over 17 years ago)

easier round corner tabs

I need an easier way to resize a tab background for use in css+xhtml without having to recreate each time I resize.

The problem is that if I need to resize the tab width, I have to re-do the entire tab creation. Is there a way to simply edit the selection after resizing? I've been doing the following:

1) three layers filled with: bg color, border color, fg color 2) create rounded selection (25% radius) 3) select border color layer, invert and clear 4) select fg color layer, shrink selection by 1, invert and clear 5) save as .png.

the problem is I have to redo all this if I resize the image.

Chris Mohler
2006-12-08 00:47:42 UTC (over 17 years ago)

easier round corner tabs

1) three layers filled with: bg color, border color, fg color 2) create rounded selection (25% radius)

What if you add 2b) save selection as channel? Then you can scale the image and reload the selection from the channel...

3) select border color layer, invert and clear 4) select fg color layer, shrink selection by 1, invert and clear 5) save as .png.

I may have misunderstood the question - let me know if this isn't helpful...

Chris

Anthony Ettinger
2006-12-08 00:51:34 UTC (over 17 years ago)

easier round corner tabs

On 12/7/06, Chris Mohler wrote:

1) three layers filled with: bg color, border color, fg color 2) create rounded selection (25% radius)

What if you add 2b) save selection as channel? Then you can scale the image and reload the selection from the channel...

if i save selection to channel how will it be effected when I resize? ie - different radius on corners, or different aliasing? (I noticed this problem when I simply resized the image after it was rendered).

3) select border color layer, invert and clear 4) select fg color layer, shrink selection by 1, invert and clear 5) save as .png.

I may have misunderstood the question - let me know if this isn't helpful...

Chris

Chris Mohler
2006-12-08 00:58:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

easier round corner tabs

if i save selection to channel how will it be effected when I resize? ie - different radius on corners, or different aliasing? (I noticed this problem when I simply resized the image after it was rendered).

The channel is scaled with the image - I'm guessing (now) that you want to scale/skew the image and leave the selection intact?

Chris

Anthony Ettinger
2006-12-08 03:40:25 UTC (over 17 years ago)

easier round corner tabs

On 12/7/06, Chris Mohler wrote:

The channel is scaled with the image - I'm guessing (now) that you want to scale/skew the image and leave the selection intact?

Right, same rounded corners, just not as wide.