RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Stacking for star trails

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Stacking for star trails Tanveer Singh 07 Dec 08:42
  Stacking for star trails Scott Bicknell 07 Dec 16:43
Tanveer Singh
2006-12-07 08:42:46 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Stacking for star trails

I found a lot of tutorials etc, for photoshop as well as some actions which allow you to stack images to get star trails. But nothing for gimp.
Is there some script available?
Or some other easy way wherein I can select multiple images, open them as layers and then blend.
What blend mode I should use?

Manually its going to be a pain with 100 or so images!

Scott Bicknell
2006-12-07 16:43:07 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Stacking for star trails

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 11:42 pm, Tanveer Singh wrote:

I found a lot of tutorials etc, for photoshop as well as some actions which allow you to stack images to get star trails. But nothing for gimp.
Is there some script available?
Or some other easy way wherein I can select multiple images, open them as layers and then blend.
What blend mode I should use?

Manually its going to be a pain with 100 or so images!

If you have the Gimp Animation Package installed you can use the Tweensteps feature in the Move Path dialog to create the effect you are after. Then create an "animation" file, which is just a single Gimp xcf with layers and merge the layers however you like. You can set the blending mode in the Move Path dialog once for all your layers so you don't have to go back and do it manually for each layer afterward.