RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

need windows installer of GIMP 2.3.12

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

need windows installer of GIMP 2.3.12 Teddy Widhi 24 Nov 04:50
b8ebc13a0611241341h2db6d88e... 07 Oct 20:18
  need windows installer of GIMP 2.3.12 Teddy Widhi 25 Nov 03:40
   need windows installer of GIMP 2.3.12 Dalai Felinto 26 Nov 03:40
    need windows installer of GIMP 2.3.12 Michael Schumacher 26 Nov 12:50
   need windows installer of GIMP 2.3.12 Tim van der Leeuw 26 Nov 16:26
Teddy Widhi
2006-11-24 04:50:08 UTC (over 17 years ago)

hi all,

Somebody have installer of GIMP 2.3.12 or newest development version for windows OS?i have plan to write some book for indonesia language to use GIMP, but everyday i use LInux for editing some fotography picture. in indonesia most peeople use windows than linux. and for thats purposes i need some newest version of GIMP development for windows. thank you for your attention. sorry my bad english....

Teddy

Teddy Widhi
2006-11-25 03:40:29 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Thank you for your help. last night i try download gimp for windows 2.3.12and gtk
2.10.6 for windows. but got error when i wanna start the GIMP. first step i install GTK first, than GIMP. but during start the GIMP, its look like error to start. i dont know why. somebody have solution about it?

THank you before.

On 24/11/06, Dalai Felinto wrote:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121075 http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/

Cheers 2006/11/24, Teddy Widhi :

hi all,

Somebody have installer of GIMP 2.3.12 or newest development version for windows OS?i have plan to write some book for indonesia language to use GIMP, but everyday i use LInux for editing some fotography picture. in indonesia most peeople use windows than linux. and for thats purposes i need some newest version of GIMP development for windows. thank you for your attention. sorry my bad english....

Teddy

Dalai Felinto
2006-11-26 03:40:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Try to uninstall the last GIMP installation, remove all the shortcuts (here the shortcuts of old GIMP launched the GIMP 2.3.12 with errors - when I load the gimp.exe directly from the folder, the problem disappears).

Regards

2006/11/25, Teddy Widhi :

Thank you for your help. last night i try download gimp for windows 2.3.12and gtk 2.10.6 for windows. but got error when i wanna start the GIMP. first step i install GTK first, than GIMP. but during start the GIMP, its look like error to start. i dont know why. somebody have solution about it?

THank you before.

On 24/11/06, Dalai Felinto wrote:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121075 http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/

Cheers 2006/11/24, Teddy Widhi :

hi all,

Teddy

Michael Schumacher
2006-11-26 12:50:52 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Dalai Felinto wrote:

Try to uninstall the last GIMP installation, remove all the shortcuts (here the shortcuts of old GIMP launched the GIMP 2.3.12 with errors - when I load the gimp.exe directly from the folder, the problem disappears).

Could be that you did install GIMP 2.2 and 2.3 into the same directory, although the installer tries to choose a different one, if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, it is strongly recommended to have both versions installed - 2.2 for any production work, 2.3 for the occasional "let's try this new feature" - using 2.3.12 on Windows will quickly show why this is recommended.

GIMP 2.3.13 has recently been released, too. See http://developer.gimp.org/NEWS for an overview of the new stuff. Binary distributions for several platforms usually appear within a few days.

HTH, Michael

Tim van der Leeuw
2006-11-26 16:26:53 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On 11/25/06, Teddy Widhi wrote:

Thank you for your help. last night i try download gimp for windows 2.3.12and gtk 2.10.6 for windows. but got error when i wanna start the GIMP. first step i install GTK first, than GIMP. but during start the GIMP, its look like error to start. i dont know why. somebody have solution about it?

THank you before.

You can download 2.3.12 installer which comes with GTK 2.10.6 installed. It works well for me, only I had to add the installation-directory of GIMP to my windows PATH to make extensions start properly. (Either directory of GIMP, or the 'bin' directory therein, cannot remember and cannot check on this PC).

Luck making it work,

--Tim