RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Percentage of the colors?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Percentage of the colors? Emerson Lombardi Machado 16 Nov 14:44
  Percentage of the colors? Sven Neumann 17 Nov 08:55
Emerson Lombardi Machado
2006-11-16 14:44:47 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi....

I need to know which the percentage of the colors in image (density of colors...).

i.e. I will print a photo and need to know (in CMYK) the percentages, (like 12% of C, 18% of M and etc...) to calculate my cost of impression.
Thanks a lot,
Best regards,

Emerson

Sven Neumann
2006-11-17 08:55:34 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 13:44 +0000, Emerson Lombardi Machado wrote:

I need to know which the percentage of the colors in image (density of colors...).

i.e. I will print a photo and need to know (in CMYK) the percentages, (like 12% of C, 18% of M and etc...) to calculate my cost of impression.

Well, those numbers depend on the separation process. To get an idea, you could install the "separate" plug-in (http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml), get a color profile from the printer, separate to CMYK and analyze the results. Not quite sure how you would do about the latter. Using the histogram might be an option, but I am afraid that there's no direct way to get that number. But I might just be missing something. Perhaps someone else has a good idea how to calculate it?

Sven