RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

editing an open image with python in interactive (console) mode

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

editing an open image with python in interactive (console) mode xes garcia 11 Nov 02:00
  editing an open image with python in interactive (console) mode Manish Singh 11 Nov 02:36
   editing an open image with python in interactive (console) mode xes garcia 11 Nov 02:56
    editing an open image with python in interactive (console) mode David Gowers 11 Nov 06:44
20061111073805.GA21674@gimp... 07 Oct 20:18
  editing an open image with python in interactive (console) mode xes garcia 11 Nov 10:16
xes garcia
2006-11-11 02:00:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

hi all
I'm starting with python gimp related stuff i want to edit an open image with python console I've checked existing scripts and all of them are functions that are first declared and then registered in gimp's plugin repository in order to execute them but I want to edit an open image using the python console in interactive mode
I can do that if I myself create a new image: img = gimp.Image(width, height,RGB)
disp=gimp.Display(img)
but I can not edit a previously opened image how can I do that, if is possible?
tx alot

Manish Singh
2006-11-11 02:36:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 02:00:38AM +0100, xes garcia wrote:

hi all
I'm starting with python gimp related stuff i want to edit an open image with python console I've checked existing scripts and all of them are functions that are first declared and then registered in gimp's plugin repository in order to execute them but I want to edit an open image using the python console in interactive mode
I can do that if I myself create a new image: img = gimp.Image(width, height,RGB)
disp=gimp.Display(img)
but I can not edit a previously opened image how can I do that, if is possible?

gimp.image_list() will return a list of Image objects for all the images GIMP knows about.

-Yosh

xes garcia
2006-11-11 02:56:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

gimp.image_list() will return a list of Image objects for all the images GIMP knows about.

-Yosh

yes I tried that but didnt work
this only lists the number of images opened with gimp but not the image objects.
at least I don't know how to make it work this way

David Gowers
2006-11-11 06:44:26 UTC (over 17 years ago)

gimp.image_list() returns a list of images that are open. If your installation of gimp does not do this, it is broken.

I usually use i = gimp.image_list()[0], to get the most recently opened image.

On 11/11/06, xes garcia wrote:

-Yosh

yes I tried that but didnt work
this only lists the number of images opened with gimp but not the image objects.
at least I don't know how to make it work this way

xes garcia
2006-11-11 10:16:48 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Note I said gimp.image_list(), not pdb['gimp-image-list'](). There is a difference.

-Yosh

yes that's it. it worked
tx a lot.