RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

save 4 layers as 4 seperate mages ....I am stumped

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

save 4 layers as 4 seperate mages ....I am stumped Asif Lodhi 08 Nov 06:41
Asif Lodhi
2006-11-08 06:41:33 UTC (over 17 years ago)

save 4 layers as 4 seperate mages ....I am stumped

Hi Rob,

On 11/7/06, gimp-user-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu wrote:

Subject: [Gimp-user] save 4 layers as 4 seperate mages ....I am stumped
.................... figured out how to save out ONE layer at a time while in the CYMK.jpg 4 layers greyscale image.

Sorry, I just forgot to change the subject line - I receive Gimp mail bundled in a digest. So, here is the same post again.

Click the Dialog menu-bar option and Select Layers - that'll open-up the Layers dialog if it's not already open.

SHIFT-CLICK on the eye-icon of each layer to make only that layer visible then, as Chris said, "do file > save as. If you choose PNG for exmaple, GIMP will merge the visible layers and save a copy. Repeat for each layer."

In addition, though I never used CMYK plugin but I have read so many posts on different mailing lists saying something like "CMYK plugin does the job better if print-quality is important to you".

-- Asif