RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Saving/Exporting Paths in/to EPS

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Saving/Exporting Paths in/to EPS mike martinet 17 Oct 17:39
  Saving/Exporting Paths in/to EPS Simon Budig 17 Oct 18:23
   Saving/Exporting Paths in/to EPS Chris Mohler 18 Oct 16:34
   Saving/Exporting Paths in/to EPS mike martinet 20 Oct 18:00
mike martinet
2006-10-17 17:39:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to use the GIMP for t-shirt graphics. I really want to use the GIMP because the other solutions (Adobe, Corel, etc) are expensive and don't run on Linux (I don't think...)

Anyway, the company I'm using to make the shirts

http://www.spreadshirt.com

has these instructions:

"You have to convert your pixel graphic into curves. Finally, you must then export your file in .eps format so that it is compatible with our system."

I believe I've done this by selecting all the lines in a BW PNG graphic, converting the lines to paths, stroking the paths and then saving the image as an EPS file.

But when I uploaded the file, it was rejected with the following excuse:

"All elements of the image, including the text, must be in contours (in Corel Draw ) and/or paths (in Adobe Illustrator and Freehand)".

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

MjM

___

Simon Budig
2006-10-17 18:23:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

mike martinet (mmrtnt@yahoo.com) wrote:

I'm trying to use the GIMP for t-shirt graphics. I really want to use the GIMP because the other solutions (Adobe, Corel, etc) are expensive and don't run on Linux (I don't think...)

Anyway, the company I'm using to make the shirts

http://www.spreadshirt.com

has these instructions:

"You have to convert your pixel graphic into curves. Finally, you must then export your file in .eps format so that it is compatible with our system."

I recommend to not use the GIMP for this. Use a program like inkscape, skencil or similiar. Then import the graphics you want to trace and use the tools of the program to follow the lines.

Then export the file to eps and you should be fine. Gimp cannot easily do this, except when you use paths and do some weird converting around from an exported path, but you really, really want to use a different program for this.

Bye,
Simon

Chris Mohler
2006-10-18 16:34:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

You can export paths from GIMP, but as the other poster suggested I'd open them in inkscape and then do your EPS export from there.

They need vector artwork to produce the screens and/or separations. The GIMP is primarily a raster program.

Chris

mike martinet
2006-10-20 18:00:30 UTC (over 17 years ago)

--- Simon Budig wrote:

I recommend to not use the GIMP for this. Use a program like inkscape,
skencil or similiar. Then import the graphics you want to trace and use

This (inkscape) did the trick. Thanks so much.

MjM

___