RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

IM plus GIMP (or: layered PSDs)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

IM plus GIMP (or: layered PSDs) Chris Mohler 14 Oct 18:13
  IM plus GIMP (or: layered PSDs) Jozef Legeny 16 Oct 14:10
Chris Mohler
2006-10-14 18:13:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi all,

I recently attempted to open a PSD file with GIMP and several other gui programs with no luck. Then I converted it to PNG with ImageMagick, which produced two files (haven't opened it in PS yet - I assume the two files correspond to layers).

My question - is there a IM import/convert plugin for GIMP? Initial googling suggests not...

Seems like it would be useful as a last-ditch tool to open a "stubborn" image.

Thanks, Chris

Jozef Legeny
2006-10-16 14:10:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On 10/14/06, Chris Mohler wrote:

Hi all,

I recently attempted to open a PSD file with GIMP and several other gui programs with no luck. Then I converted it to PNG with ImageMagick, which produced two files (haven't opened it in PS yet - I assume the two files correspond to layers).

My question - is there a IM import/convert plugin for GIMP? Initial googling suggests not...

Seems like it would be useful as a last-ditch tool to open a "stubborn" image.

Thanks, Chris

well my GIMP opens the psd files fairly well (i'm using developpement version 3.9.11 but it worked also on 3.9.9). The problem is that PS supports more layer types (such as modifier or curve layers) and those are replaced by blank layers in GIMP.