RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about TIFF error message

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about TIFF error message CCarlssmith@cs.com 12 Oct 19:14
  Question about TIFF error message Sven Neumann 15 Oct 16:49
20061012190004.C29E0A684C0@... 07 Oct 20:18
  Question about TIFF error message Michael Foster 13 Oct 06:29
CCarlssmith@cs.com
2006-10-12 19:14:53 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I get the following error message when I bring a TIFF image into the GIMP application: "TIFF IMAGE MESSAGE- unknown field with tag 34665 (0x8769 encountered)". This TIFF image was converted from a RAW file with the Fuji FinePix image converter.

Can someone tell me what this means and what I can do to correct it? Thanks,

Carl Smith

Michael Foster
2006-10-13 06:29:20 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Carl Smith wrote:

I get the following error message when I bring a TIFF image into the GIMP application: "TIFF IMAGE MESSAGE- unknown field with tag 34665 (0x8769 encountered)". This TIFF image was converted from a RAW file with the Fuji FinePix image converter.

Can someone tell me what this means and what I can do to correct it? Thanks,

I found a reference to the tag here :

http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags/exififd.html

It looks like it might have something to do with the EXIF data it's passing on from your RAW file. See if you have an option that leaves this data out.
I have a FinePix S9000 and I've been using UFRaw to convert my RAF files . I haven't used the Fuji software yet, so I can't compare it but you might want to have a look at UFRaw as well.

http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/index.html

Mike

Sven Neumann
2006-10-15 16:49:57 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 13:14 -0400, CCarlssmith@cs.com wrote:

Can someone tell me what this means and what I can do to correct it?

It just means that GIMP, or rather the TIFF plug-in, doesn't know about this tag, so it is ignoring it. Why would you want to do anything about it? It's just an informal message that tells you that some information is being lost when you open the image file.

Sven