RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Java api

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Java api Magnus Hellström 18 Sep 11:51
  Java api Michael Schumacher 18 Sep 13:11
  Java api Alan Horkan 19 Sep 02:02
Magnus Hellström
2006-09-18 11:51:47 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Java api

Hello,
I'm using GIMP in batch mode to run script-fu scripts from java code. However, running scripts in batch mode does not completetly meet my requirements since I wan't to interact with the result from the scripts. Therefore, I need some api to run GIMP from Java. Is there a stable Java api to GIMP? Or any alternative solutions to interact with the scripts?

Thanks

Michael Schumacher
2006-09-18 13:11:28 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Java api

Von: "Magnus Hellström"

Therefore, I need some api to run GIMP from Java. Is there a stable Java api to GIMP? Or any alternative solutions to interact with the scripts?

There is http://jgimp.sourceforge.net/

However, this was created for GIMP 1.2, has AFAIK never been very popular and isn't maintained anymore, apparently.

Michael

Alan Horkan
2006-09-19 02:02:45 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Java api

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, [iso-8859-15] Magnus Hellström wrote:

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:51:47 +0200 (CEST) From: "[iso-8859-15] Magnus Hellström" To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Subject: [Gimp-user] Java api

Hello, I'm using GIMP in batch mode to run script-fu scripts from java code.

What problems are you trying to solve? Putting aside the programming languages we may be able to suggest something very similiar to what you are looking for which would require little or no programming. Other tools like DBP might be of some use to you http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html