RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Print margins/scaling problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Print margins/scaling problem Michael Foster 16 Sep 00:07
Print margins/scaling problem Laurent Duperval 16 Oct 04:39
Michael Foster
2006-09-16 00:07:57 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I am experiencing a problem where if I try to print an image on a 8.5 x 11 page with 1/2" margins it gives me a 1" margin on the top and squishes the image to fit. If I scale the image down I still get the 1" margin at the top but the image is not distorted. My printer is an HP Deskjet 9800 and I am using the recommended Adobe Postscript Level 2 driver (problem also occurs with Level 1). I am using Ubuntu 6.06, Gimp 2.2.11, Gutenprint 5.0.0-rc2, HPLIP 0.9.7 driver in the OS. This problem does not occur outside of Gimp.

Has anyone had this problem or can suggest things to try?

Thanks, Mike

Laurent Duperval
2006-10-16 04:39:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:07:57 -0700, Michael Foster wrote:

I am experiencing a problem where if I try to print an image on a 8.5 x 11 page with 1/2" margins it gives me a 1" margin on the top and squishes the image to fit. If I scale the image down I still get the 1" margin at the top but the image is not distorted. My printer is an HP Deskjet 9800 and I am using the recommended Adobe Postscript Level 2 driver (problem also occurs with Level 1). I am using Ubuntu 6.06, Gimp 2.2.11, Gutenprint 5.0.0-rc2, HPLIP 0.9.7 driver in the OS. This problem does not occur outside of Gimp.

I am experiencing something similar. I have an HP 3015. However, I tried printing to a PDF pictuer, and I see the same: there is a much larger margin at the top.

Can anyone help out?

L