RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

drop shadow text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

drop shadow text John R. Culleton 11 Sep 20:00
  drop shadow text Carol Spears 11 Sep 20:10
  Help Files Harry G Osoff 11 Sep 20:12
462F6C9D-4078-4F2D-941A-59E... 07 Oct 20:18
  drop shadow text Carol Spears 11 Sep 21:05
John R. Culleton
2006-09-11 20:00:11 UTC (over 17 years ago)

drop shadow text

I have on my desk "The Basics tutorial" By JTL dated 2002. Is there a newer and easier way to create three dimensional text with a drop shadow?

Carol Spears
2006-09-11 20:10:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

drop shadow text

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:00:11PM -0400, John R. Culleton wrote:

I have on my desk "The Basics tutorial" By JTL dated 2002. Is there a newer and easier way to create three dimensional text with a drop shadow?

there was at one time a script-fu that seemed to be based solely on the tutorial. i remember it because it made the shadows too dark for my tastes and the transparency percentage was hardcoded into the script.

i cannot remember the name of the script and i do not know if GIMP still contains this.

it would be easy enough to write though.

carol

Harry G Osoff
2006-09-11 20:12:06 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help Files

I cannot seem to get
the port for the Help files through Port Authority on my Mac.

Does anyone have the ftp address?

Harry G, Osoff Graphic Design and Informational Architect

Carol Spears
2006-09-11 21:05:28 UTC (over 17 years ago)

drop shadow text

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:15:59PM -0400, Harry G Osoff wrote:

It sure would be great to get some of the Type Tools that Adobe has in theri products.

I realize that's what made Adobe Adobe. But i sure do miss have such elegant type control.

That alone makes PS a great tool.

if i remember correctly, those 'type controls' were added for photoshop6 and i had the feeling then that adobe 'stole' from Illustrator to get this new control for Photoshop.

it is hardly stealing if it is from your own product.

that being said, this is the land of freesoftware. Inkscape would be GIMP's Illustrator. the unfortunate thing about Inkscape and GIMP is that it is too separate projects and two different widget sets (kind of) so there are some naturally occuring restrictions about GIMP's ability to steal functionality (in the same way that photoshop stole from illustrator).

carol