RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(unknown)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

a:2:{i:0;s:9:"(unknown)";i:1;s:0:"";} Jethro Tull 29 Aug 00:57
  A 29 Aug 04:00
  (unknown) Olivier Ripoll 29 Aug 09:01
Jethro Tull
2006-08-29 00:57:27 UTC (over 17 years ago)

a:2:{i:0;s:9:"(unknown)";i:1;s:0:"";}

I would like to know if there is a way to select a part in a picture and then moving freely the selection window to some specific place in that pic without of course modifying/displacing any part the image. I would just like
slipping the window on the image.

A
2006-08-29 04:00:49 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 22:57 +0000, Jethro Tull wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way to select a part in a picture and then moving freely the selection window to some specific place in that pic without of course modifying/displacing any part the image. I would just like

Method 1: selection -> path, move path, path -> selection (however, selection -> path is not very exact)

I thought about it a bit then tried something else:

Method 2: wow - amazing what you can find by accident :) OK this one is exact:
create selection, click on 'quick mask', use Move tool to move the mask, then unclick 'quick mask'

Olivier Ripoll
2006-08-29 09:01:11 UTC (over 17 years ago)

(unknown)

Jethro Tull wrote:

Press ALT and click within the selection, then drag it where you want. This will move only the selection (the dashed borders), not the content.

If you are under Linux or *BSD, your window manager may catch the ALT-drag to move the window. In that case, most window manager allow to use CRTL-ALT instead to move the selection.

Best regards,

Olivier