RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

multiple "File" menus

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

multiple "File" menus Richard Hirner 28 Aug 19:03
  multiple "File" menus Axel Wernicke 28 Aug 23:10
  multiple "File" menus Sven Neumann 29 Aug 09:10
Richard Hirner
2006-08-28 19:03:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

multiple "File" menus

Hi!

Inspired by http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/45122/#323745 (German) I wonder if "Drop" isn't right:

Wouldn't it be better to avoid multiple "File" menus? I'd rename the main "File" menu to "GIMP":
GIMP /
New image...
Open image...
Preferences
Dialogs
Quit
The last three ones don't even make sense with "File", I think (of course, most applications use "File" as their first menu, but nobody says that this is the best choice).

With the main menu being named "GIMP", the "File" menus for the image windows could remain "File" (or be renamed to "Image").

What do you think?

Axel Wernicke
2006-08-28 23:10:56 UTC (over 17 years ago)

multiple "File" menus

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

Hi,

Am 28.08.2006 um 19:03 schrieb Richard Hirner:

Hi!

With the main menu being named "GIMP", the "File" menus for the image windows could remain "File" (or be renamed to "Image").

What do you think?

To be honest - I think that should be changed somehow, but I also know that this was discussed at least a dozen times already. Have a look into gimps bugzilla - I'm sure you'll find it somewhere in there...

Greetings, lexA

Sven Neumann
2006-08-29 09:10:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

multiple "File" menus

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 19:03 +0200, Richard Hirner wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to avoid multiple "File" menus? I'd rename the main "File" menu to "GIMP":
GIMP /
New image...
Open image...
Preferences
Dialogs
Quit

The current plan for the time after 2.4 is to completely get rid of the menu in the toolbox and to have just a single menu in the Image window. To achieve this, we will have to make sure that there is always an Image window opened.

Sven