RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Build Gimp 3.x

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Build Gimp 3.x Ben Conley 26 Aug 01:04
  Build Gimp 3.x Brendan 26 Aug 05:12
  Build Gimp 3.x Alan Horkan 26 Aug 23:25
Ben Conley
2006-08-26 01:04:53 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Build Gimp 3.x

I am trying to build the latest development version of Gimp, but can't figure out how to build it. I am using WinXP, I have Visual Studio 2005, and know absolutely nothing about C (I'm a python guy). Please help!

Brendan
2006-08-26 05:12:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Build Gimp 3.x

On Friday 25 August 2006 19:04, Ben Conley wrote:

I am trying to build the latest development version of Gimp, but can't figure out how to build it. I am using WinXP, I have Visual Studio 2005, and know absolutely nothing about C (I'm a python guy). Please help!

You might want to read up on it first. Google is your friend, I believe is the expression.

"make" sure you "configure" the program the way you want it first.

Alan Horkan
2006-08-26 23:25:59 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Build Gimp 3.x

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Ben Conley wrote:

Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:04:53 -0500 From: Ben Conley
To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Subject: [Gimp-user] Build Gimp 3.x

Obligatory question, you've seen the precompiled binaries right?

The are somewhat hidden to make sure beginners do not accidentally shoot themselves in the foot with unstable builds but if you are interested in heping out with testing or just using the latest unstable version it has been generously provided thanks to Jernej Simoncic (and before him Tor Lillqvist).

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gimp-2.3.9-setup.zip?download